Tuesday, December 23, 2008

And then there was... (aka Goal 2 of 10)

Goal #1 was very much in the mental sphere, so Goal #2 is naturally going to fall to the Physical.

2009 Goal #2 will be to Achieve Fitness.
I'm defining this by having my BF% at 20, AND the ability to do 76 push-ups, AND run 5 miles in 43 minutes.
-- I have not 100% decided on the running portion of this Goal, and may substitute that with a cycling related goal, perhaps a sub 6 hour century ride. Stay tuned for updates. (If I swap the running for cycling, I will post the public link for my Bikejournal.com page here)

On the simple side, this is just nutrition and exercise. On the complex side, this represents a much more fundamental and powerful goal. Again, this is a goal that I've taken pot shots at, and seen some gains (er losses), yet not broken through to true success.

For tools, I will be using my TRX system, (see link to left), The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald, and a good pair of running shoes.
And many many, 'tricks' from goal one.


The outline of my methodology for achieving this goal is:
Nutrition:
Protein Sparing Modified Fast per Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook, then switching to a Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.
Strength Training:
Custom blend of body weight exercises combined with a TRX training program
Cardiovascular:
Simple running plan with a very gradual intensity and distance increase.

I will be using the following to track and report on my progress:
http://physicsdiet.com/Public.aspx?u=Maarburg
http://www.gyminee.com
http://www.livestrong.com/profile/maarburg
and, of course, I will be updating this site with my challenges and success.

#3 is coming soon.

-Maarburg posting from just outside cyberspace

No comments:

Post a Comment