Thursday, January 8, 2009

Create! (aka Goal 7 of 10)

Goal #7, background and reasoning:
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896

In libris libertas
A great story is pure magic. A great book expands how you think, how you relate to yourself and others. It changes you. I would love to be an author of such a book, yet that might be too lofty a goal for this year. That was humor; see, a good author would not feel the need to explain. (or would have been genuinely funny) Without knowing whether I have any talent at this or not, I'm simply going to have a go at it. I like to write, and at least a few people find my mental drooling entertaining, so it's high time to get organized and become committed. Or is that become organized and get committed?

Goal #7 is to Publish a Novella
Fortunately, I have two ideas that are grand enough. Code names are Forgotten and Isolation. After hammering out the plot a bit, I will choose one of them, and shelve the other for the time being. And by 'publish', I'm really more concerned about the work being finished, and ready for printing. I've no real intention to go through the BS of an agent or finding a publisher at this point. Bridges I can burn much later down the road.

-Maarburg posting from just outside cyberspace

No comments:

Post a Comment