Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sirens Call (aka Goal 5 of 10)

Goal #5, background and reasoning:
Last year I went sailing for the first time. My wife thought it would be fun to get Keel Boat Certified and set up the whole adventure.
Little did she know that I would be completely enthralled with sailing, so much so that I'm all for selling the house and buying a live aboard. I've had dreams of sailing, and the entire concept of cruising up and down the coast of the US and South America is enthralling. Owning a boat and cruising, is no longer an "if", but a "when". Dare to dream, and I'm dreaming of sailing in warm tropical waters. I hear the sirens call, loud and clear. I'm simply going to heed the call.

Goal #5 is to take the next two ASA tests (ASA103 and ASA104)and become "Bare Boat Certified".
This will allow me to Charter a boat with out having to hire a captain. I imagine flying down to the Caribbean, and chartering a boat for two weeks, then just sailing around, stopping at deserted beaches one day (or three), then back into port for a nice dinner. Repeat.


-Maarburg posting from just outside cyberspace

1 comment:

  1. Finances what they are (down to the dogs), there are no paid certs on the horizon.
    Additionaly, this goal has grown to more of a lifetime endeavor.

    ReplyDelete